header

header

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Birthday present for a pal

It's a friend's birthday very soon, so I made a quick little piece for her.

I drew the design freehand very quickly, then cut it, foiled it, and soldered it in one Sunday afternoon. The only footnote I can really add is how easy it is to work with the 60/40 solder. Compared to the 50/50 solder I struggled so much with on the squid piece, the 60/40 was an absolute dream to work with. Here's the new piece:

Taken from below, with a little light through it. Not much light, mind you - this is Scotland, after all!

Taken straight on.
The piece is about 8 inches tall and 6 inches wide. It consists almost entirely of scraps left over from other projects.

For how quickly I banged this piece out, I think it's pretty nice. I hope my friend likes it! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment